BSA Logo

Skip to main content
Untitled 1

Design complaints

Residential and Commercial Construction Work Complaint Form

QBCC can only assess design complaints (e.g. non-compliance with building codes and standards). We cannot direct a designer to pay compensation for unsatisfactory design work or help with contractual issues (e.g. costs).

Make a design complaint

Design complaints must come from the person/s that requested the design plans be created (owner or builder).

Complete the Residential and Commercial Construction Work Complaint Form and include a copy of the:

  • design plan in question
  • current rates notice or title deed for the property.

You should lodge your complaint with QBCC as soon you notice the design fault (before or during construction).

QBCC’s role in design complaints

After receiving your complaint we can inspect your property and provide you with a report. You may be able to use the report, in conjunction with legal advice, in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal or Magistrates Court.

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last updated
13/09/2013 1:39 PM

Page feedback

Your privacy
  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response

  3. Contact (optional)