BSA Logo

Skip to main content
Untitled 1

Pay Home Warranty Insurance

  • online
  • by phone– Call 139 333 - Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 5.00pm
    • Select Home Warranty Insurance and enter your licence number and 4 digit PIN (see below).
    • You will need to provide:
    • Pay by credit card (Mastercard or Visa) or direct debit.*

    Confirmation is faxed, emailed or posted to you or your nominated certifier (if requested), on the same day of payment.

    *A direct debit must be set up at least 24 hours before accessing Phone Pay. Complete a Direct Debit Request form.

  • by mail – Complete an Insurance Notification Form enclosing payment (cheque only). We will not accept faxed copies.
  • in person – Complete an Insurance Notification Form and make payment at your nearest office. Insurance payments lodged at regional offices will take up to 5 days to process. You will also need to provide you:
    • drivers licence
    • QBCC licence
    If your representative is lodging the insurance, the following is required:
    1. Your QBCC licence
    2. A letter from you, on letterhead, authorising the lodgement of insurance for that specific job.
    3. Your representative's driver’s licence

How much is the premium?

The premium amount is based on the contract price. For contracts signed from 1 July 2013, see the current Insurance Premium Table.

If you are unsure about which insurance premium to quote , please call 1300 272 272.

Paying insurance on multiple dwellings

Insurance is payable on the construction of, or work that affects the internal or external walls of, a duplex, townhouse, villa unit or any residential building up to three storeys in height (above a car park).  Calculate the premium by dividing the total contract value by the number of units affected.

Any residential outbuilding, e.g garage, pool change room etc, on these sites will also require insurance.

For more information calculating a premium amount, see page 2 of the Insurance Notification form.

Paying insurance on multiple dwellings which are a residential/commercial mix

Insurance is payable on the residential units within a mixed residential/commercial construction up to three storeys above a carpark, but only on the residential component.

For more information calculating a premium amount, see page 2 of the Insurance Notification form.

Personal Identification Number (PIN)

Call 1300 272 272 to order a PIN to use Phone Pay. It's an offence to lend your PIN to another person so protect it just like you would one from your bank. For more information on ordering a PIN and using Phonepay to pay insurance, see our Using your PIN factsheet.

  • Lost your PIN? – Call 1300 272 272. A new PIN will be issued within 24 hours.
  • New licensees- Once your application for a licence in a class that covers insurable work has been approved, you can apply for a PIN (see -When Home Warranty should be Paid).
  • Companies– If your company is carrying out insurable work, you need a PIN to pay for insurance using Phone Pay. Please note, a company cannot use a PIN issued for an individual.

Older Premium Tables

Insurance Premium Table - From 1 July 2013
Insurance Premium Table - From 24 July 2012 - 30 June 2013
Insurance Premium Table - From 1 July 2011 - 23 July 2012
Insurance Premium Table - From 1 July 2010 - 30 June 2011
Insurance Premium Table - From 1 July 2009 - 30 June 2010
Insurance Premium Table - Contracts signed prior to 1 July 2009

Fact Books

Insurable Residential Construction Work
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last updated
29/05/2014 12:08 PM

Page feedback

Your privacy
  1. This page was
  2. We want this information to be the best it can be and we know we can’t do it without you. Let us know what you thought of this page and what other information you would like to see.

    We do not reply to feedback. Contact us if you need a response

  3. Contact (optional)